Monday, May 19, 2008

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Two of my friends from college are National PAS Officers. PAS falls under the FFA umbrella and the organization is managed by our Collegiate Services team. They were at the FFA center today for the beginning of their officer training. I had the chance to sneak down to the meeting room they were in and poke my head in. They were eating lunch and listening to some of our staff speak. When they saw me they jumped out of their chairs and raced out of the room. They ran over and gave me a hug. It was so awesome to see them! I've been without my friends from college and home for almost six months now and it's getting harder and harder to deal with.

We must have stood and talked for ten minutes but it felt like thirty seconds. I let them get back to their training and almost had a breakdown on my way to the lunchroom. I would have given anything to spend some more time with them. I feel like there's so much I could have caught up on. Sometimes I wonder how I ever thought that this would be easy.

No comments: